We are a leader in fresh produce. For three generations, OneHarvest has been supplying Australian consumers with fresh, healthy, vegetable-based products nationally. We currently employ over 800 people nationwide and have strong growth forecast.
About the Role
This senior role has become available at an exciting time of business growth.The purpose of the Senior Site Quality Manager role is to deliver the technical and quality standards for the Bairnsdale site from field to finished goods. This role will also manage the site technical and quality performance, specifically exceeding our customer process and product specifications, quality measures, food safety and legislative requirements.
- Lead, influence and guide the Victoria Oneharvest site operations through quality process improvement, customer compliance & legislative adherance
- lead and develop the technical & hygiene team to achieve over-arching objectives of quality & safety within the business
- Identify quality and food safety improvement opportunities & drive product safety innovations across site
- Investigate safety & service initatives, reinforcing our quality and safety culture acorss the site through reducing lost time injuries, claims and customer complaints
- Execute quality/technical acitivities & requirements according to site technical budget
- Monitor & improve quality processes & customer expectations through continuous training & development of teams
- Deliver best practice quality & food safety compliance of WQA, BRC, HACCP standards & drive continious improvement of the site 'foreign body' removal system
- Conduct both internal and external technical audits/visits & manage customer technical interactions & expectations
- Report audit results and implement new/exisiting activities to critically analyse and improve quality/safety gaps for entire site
Skills & Experience
- Experience at a senior role in creating & maintaining quality, safety & service systems within a food manufacturing environment
- Technical experience in managing fresh chilled sites and short shelf life products
- Ability to communicate and drive quality, safety & service processess/initaitves to all stakeholders within the business
- Experience in leading teams, reinforcing our quality, safety and service culture, providing training to staff and instigate ongoing development
- Competent in leading internal & internal audits for customer compliance
- Knowledge of food safety & legislative requirements
- Compile reports on all quality safety & service results, instigating root cause analysis to improve performance gaps
- Graduate qualifications in manufacturing, engineering and/or food science
People enjoy working for OneHarvest because we have SPIRIT. The freshness of our products creates exciting energy as we go from Harvest to consumer dinner plates within 48 hours. We are the epitome of FMCG. We pride ourselves on our multicultural and diverse team atmosphere and we are all committed to the food we produce and the sustainable future we strive for.
- Lead a high performing team
- Hands on experience with great support and ongoing training
- Great opportunity for career progression & ongoing development
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button. Alternatively you can visit our Careers page on www.oneharvest.com.au/careers
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.