Australians have a growing appetite for healthy pre-packed salads and value-added vegetables, which has resulted in significant growth and expansion for the OneHarvest organisation, one of Australia’s leading and most innovative food manufacturing companies. We currently employ over 800 people nationwide and have strong growth forecast.
About the role
Due to a recent growth, we are seeking an experienced Non-Produce Buyer to join team in our head office at Wacol, QLD. You will harness your skills and knowledge within the manufacturing/FMCG sector with a company that has major growth forecast.
Reporting directly into the National Procurement Manager, this role is responsible for all variety of purchasing functions nationally.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Creating a schedule of replenishment that best meets planned requirements and generating purchase orders to the suppliers
- Booking freight (Inbound) accordingly where required.
- Implementing initiatives to improve service, and reduce inventories and cost.
- Ensuring that all purchase orders are correctly priced.
- Providing accurate & timely notification to suppliers on non-conforming deliveries.
- Your relevant experience, preferably within a FMCG environment will see you complete all engineering tasks to schedule, repair and improve plant machinery and respond to the needs of the factory departments in a speedy manner whilst adhering to OH&S, GMP and HACCP principles
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated the ability in inventory management
- Proficient knowledge of an MRP system
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and strong determination to succeed
- High level of attention to detail and follow through
- High level of Effective Listening and communication skills
- An opportunity to grow this role through your own innovative business improvement suggestions
- Work within a fast paced, continually expanding business
- The prospect of seeing your work add true value and deliver results to a values driven organisation
- Market competitive remuneration and unique employee benefits
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply at www.oneharvest.com.au or click ‘apply now’.
Please note that agency referrals is not required.