For three generations and counting, the OneHarvest family has been supplying Australia with fresh, healthy and nutritious foods. As our company continues to grow, we stay true to our purpose of helping people live better lives by providing fresher, healthier, everyday food for everyone.
About the Role
To help us live our purpose, OneHarvest is looking for an outstanding Site Technical/QA Manager. Based in Sydney, this senior role has become available at an exciting time of business expansion. The purpose of the Site Technical QA Manager role is to deliver the technical and quality performance for our Sydney operation, from the field to finished goods. Your focus will be on exceeding our customers’ expectations every day by ensuring we provide the absolute best possible quality.
The duties of this role include:
- Lead, influence and guide the Sydney OneHarvest site operation through quality process improvement, customer compliance and legislation
- Lead and develop the Technical & Hygiene teams to achieve quality & safety deliverables
- Identify quality and food safety improvement opportunities & drive product safety innovations across the site
- Investigate safety & service initiatives, reinforcing our quality and safety culture across the site through reducing lost time injuries, claims and customer complaints
- Monitor & improve quality processes & customer expectations through continuous training & development of your team
- Deliver best practice quality & food safety compliance of WQA, BRC, HACCP standards & drive continuous improvement of the site’s 'foreign body' removal system
- Conduct both internal and external technical audits/visits & manage customer technical interactions & expectations
- Critically analyse and implement improvements in quality/safety gaps for entire site
- Help manage the site’s overall performance as part of the Site Steering Team
Skills & Experience
- Experience at a senior level in creating & maintaining quality, safety & service systems within a food manufacturing environment
- Technical experience in managing fresh chilled sites and short shelf life products
- Ability to communicate and drive quality, safety & service processes/initiatives to all stakeholder levels
- Experience in leading teams, exemplifying culture, providing training to staff and nurture ongoing development
- Competency in leading internal & external audits for customer compliance
- Knowledge of food safety & legislative requirements
- Compile reports on all quality safety & service results, conducting root cause analyses to improve performance gaps
- Graduate qualifications in manufacturing, engineering and/or food science are highly regarded.
People enjoy working for OneHarvest because we have SPIRIT. The freshness of our products creates exciting energy as we go from harvest to consumer dinner plates within 48 hours. We pride ourselves on our multicultural and diverse team atmosphere and we are all committed to the food we produce and a sustainable future.
- Lead a high performing team as part of a world-class food manufacturing facility
- Work alongside other highly experienced food industry and agri-business experts
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience and expertise
- Be valued for your contribution to a growing brand in Australian food manufacturing
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button. Alternatively, you can visit our Careers page on www.oneharvest.com.au/careers
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.