For three generations and counting, the OneHarvest family has been supplying Australia with fresh, healthy and nutritious foods. As our company continues to grow, we stay true to our purpose of helping people live better lives by providing fresher, healthier, everyday food for everyone.
About the Role
To help us live our purpose, OneHarvest is looking for an outstanding Food Safety professional to join the team as our new Technical Manager. Based in Sydney, this senior leadership role has become available at an exciting time of business expansion. The purpose of the Technical Manager role is to deliver technical and food safety performance improvements for our Sydney operation, from the field to finished goods. Your focus will be on exceeding our customers’ expectations every day by ensuring we provide the absolute best possible quality.
The duties of this role include:
- Lead, influence and guide the Sydney OneHarvest site operation through food safety process improvement, customer compliance and legislation
- Lead and develop the Technical & Hygiene teams to achieve food safety deliverables
- Identify food safety improvement opportunities & drive product safety innovations across the site
- Investigate safety & service initiatives, reinforcing our safety culture across the site through reducing lost time injuries, claims and customer complaints
- Monitor & improve food safety processes & customer expectations through continuous training & development of your team
- Deliver best practice food safety compliance of WQA, BRC, HACCP, TACCP and VACCP standards & drive continuous improvement of the site’s 'foreign body' removal system
- Conduct both internal and external technical audits/visits & manage customer technical interactions & expectations
- Critically analyse and implement improvements in quality/safety gaps for entire site
- Help manage the site’s overall performance and sustainability as part of the Site Steering Team
Skills & Experience
- Experience at a senior level in creating & maintaining food safety & service systems within a food manufacturing environment
- Technical experience in managing fresh chilled sites and short shelf life products
- Ability to communicate and drive food safety & service processes/initiatives to all stakeholder levels
- Experience in leading teams, exemplifying culture, providing training to staff and nurture ongoing development
- Competency in leading internal & external audits for customer compliance
- Knowledge of food safety & legislative requirements
- Compile reports on all quality, food safety & service results, conducting root cause analyses to improve performance gaps
- Tertiary qualifications in food technology/food science/hygiene/food safety essential. Post-graduate qualifications in a related field will be advantageous.
People enjoy working for OneHarvest because we have SPIRIT. The freshness of our products creates exciting energy as we go from harvest to consumer dinner plates within 48 hours. We pride ourselves on our multicultural and diverse team atmosphere and we are all committed to the food we produce and a sustainable future.
- Lead a high performing team as part of a world-class food manufacturing facility
- Work alongside other highly experienced food industry and agri-business experts
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience and expertise
- Be valued for your contribution to a growing brand in Australian food manufacturing
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button. Alternatively, you can visit our Careers page on www.oneharvest.com.au/careers
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.