We are a leader in fresh produce. For three generations, OneHarvest has been supplying consumers with fresh, healthy, vegetable-based products. We currently employ over 800 people nationwide and have a strong growth forecast.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Regional Agricultural Supply Manager to join our QLD operations. Based at our Wacol facility in Brisbane, this is a key leadership role where you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining competitive, stable grower relationships to deliver high quality produce to specification to our national processing facilities. Building your internal relationships within the business will be key to helping drive your success. Proven experience networking will be highly regarded as this role is all about building relationships.
- Co-ordinate fresh produce supply to meet weekly processing requirements (DIFFOT)
- Continue to develop the Regional Agricultural supply strategy for the region to deliver against key business objectives
- Identify opportunities to improve and expand grower capabilities
- Advise the operations and buying teams of known quality issues with growers and monitor to best meet product specifications
- build constructive business relationships with and refer to external parties such as growers, suppliers, service providers, customers, licensors (e.g. Love Beets), seed companies, educational research establishments as required
- Monitor, review and improve our operational performance, remove costs and or create innovative changes in processes, systems, suppliers or teams that step change our performance
- Undertake allocated regional supply contract negotiations within approved purchasing objectives ensuring competitive procurement programs and agreements are in place to meet forecasted production requirements, and which also provide for risk and contingency management requirements
- Review purchases and investigate sources of supply from both local and overseas markets and develop alternatives
- Assessment of crops to enable accurate forecasting of supply and quality information for S&OP process and factory planning implications
- Ensure that appropriate plans are developed, implemented and monitored to improve the performance and capability of suppliers and their produce lines supplied
Skills & Experience
- Refined negotiation and planning skills
- Proven experience networking
- Advanced relationship management skills, both internal and external
- Tertiary qualification in Agriculture and/or equivalent experience in agronomy and produce supply chains.
- Experience working with produce growers
- Demonstrated agronomy/farming experience
- Relevant experience, preferably within a FMCG supply chain or processing environment
- Sound understanding of food safety fundamentals
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively negotiate win-wins within a commercial environment
People enjoy working for OneHarvest because we have SPIRIT. The freshness of our products creates exciting energy as we go from Harvest to consumer dinner plates within 48 hours. We are the epitome of FMCG. We pride ourselves on our multicultural and diverse team atmosphere and are all committed to the food we produce and the sustainable future we strive for.
- An opportunity to grow this role through your own strategic and innovative business improvement suggestions
- Work within a fast paced, continually expanding business
- Market competitive remuneration and unique employee benefits
How to Apply:
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. Alternatively you can visit our Careers page: www.oneharvest.com.au/careers
We do not utilise recruitment agencies.
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Inguz Harvest Pty Ltd.